Monday, September 29, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect

Hi there, long time no see!  I've had a data crisis over here ha!  I had to do an iTunes update in order to set up my new iPhone and it used up all of my monthly data, so I had to take a hiatus from the blog til the new month started, silly technology!!  I'm always on Instagram if you want to stay in touch!  

Speaking of Instagram, I saw a quote the other day and it really sung to me.  I hope it sings to you too.   

 The older I get and the more I learn about myself, the more this quote sings true.  It's a reminder to me that I don't need to look or act a certain way to be happy or to impress others, the people who I love and the people who love and 'get' me don't care about the material things, they care about what's in my heart and that's the most important thing.  I've been putting myself down lately for being too plain....reading this quote has really made me reflect (and listen to my husband, who always seems to be right, don't tell him I said that) when he said he loves me just the way I am.  I don't need to make a fuss about what I wear, if I put makeup on, or if I just put my hair in it's one billionth bun because my life revolves around my boys and the happiness they give me everyday.  They don't care if mommy is wearing name brand jeans or (maternity) leggings that are just so darn comfortable!  As long as I'm giving them the love and time they deserve, we're all happy.  I'm perfectly imperfect and I'm OK with that.      

No comments:

Post a Comment