Friday, September 12, 2014

Happy Heart

My heart is extra happy this week.  We got to spend some time with my mother-in-law, Carla, shopping for our upcoming vacation.  She also watched Levi while it was my week to be a 'parent helper' at Colter's preschool (which I loved!!)  

Here are a few pictures from our week.  

Daddy came home from being out of town, so Colter planned his outfit accordingly :)
 
 
Dog-sitting (and snuggling) Gracie



Dog-sitting is exhausting for Winston


My sister's boyfriend was in town training for his new job, so we had him out for dinner one night, which was so fun.  My boys adore him, Colter whispered not so quietly in my ear that he and Jackson are pretty cool because they both have blonde hair.  :)  Levi kept waving and smiling at him.  He told my sister that I must have inherited my mom's cooking gene, which was a super great compliment (one I'm not sure I live up to yet, but I'm going to take it!)  I wish I would have gotten a picture of Jacks and the boys. 

I met my dear friend Jenny for dinner last night, where we had 'fancy' tortes which paired well with pinot grigio (or a pineapple wine cooler, if you're me) and got to meet her adorable new furbaby, Hugo.  I love him already!  While I was having a girls evening, my boys met my dad and his crew who were working nearby, at the new Scheels for some boy time and dinner.  I met them back at home afterward for a short visit before we all retired to bed.  :) 

Oh Hugo...
Today my sweet friend Katie and her cute lil girl Izzy came over for a play date.  We just love them and love when we get to spend time with them.  Colter really adores those girls (so do I)!!  

Levi and Izzy

Sweet Izzy
 When I grabbed the mail this afternoon, I received such a thoughtful and unexpected gift from a very special lady/new momma.  I can't wait to spend more time with them and get to know lil peanut Harlo.  Not only is she my boys cousin, but I know they will be life long friends.
 

I go into the weekend with a full and happy heart knowing I have such amazing family and friends around me and I'm so thankful for that.     

No comments:

Post a Comment