Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Zucchini Bread

I don't know about you guys, but it's that time of year where we have a ton of zucchini ready from our garden and we have to come up with ways to eat it up.  We make zucchini bread every year, but this year I wanted to make it even tastier, what's the best way to do that??  Pumpkin (with a cinnamon swirl)!  Even though it's technically still summer, it certainly doesn't feel like it, which put me in the mood to bake with pumpkin even more.  I used this recipe and it turned out great!!  Next time I think I'll double the recipe and make four loaves (it freezes fine!) and I will also double the amount of zucchini, so instead of the one cup for two loaves, I'll do two cups.  I wanted to make sure I liked the recipe before I got too carried away.  I'm here to tell you, it's good!

I wish I was a talented food photographer with the time to make my recipe posts look super cute...(I managed to bake this batch during one of Levi's naps)

This is the first layer of bread with the cinnamon/sugar mixture layer on top. Also, I run my zucchini through our shred attachment on the food processor, it saves SO much time and energy! 

Colter in his knight pants doing what he does best. 

This is with the top layer added.


The cinnamon swirl is SO good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment