Friday, June 20, 2014

First Campout of 2014

 
          

We took our first camping trip as a family of 4 in our trusty old (new to us) camper last weekend.  We named her Sunny, after her original owner :)  I have big plans of giving her a makeover as time, motivation, and money allow!  We met my folks at Rock Creek, as you can see, the name stands true.  The weather was not ideal for camping or fishing, but we still had fun.
  
Colter loved sleeping with his Papa Larry and Mama C in their camper, finding the perfect sword sticks, roasting marshmallows, and doing all the things boys do best.  

Levi wanted to eat rocks the whole time and since he had plenty to chose from, he spent most of his time safely perched in either my mom or my arms (except for that one time....when Papa gave him a roasted marshmallow and then promptly handed him back to mom and me when it came time to clean him up...nice).  He's also teething and had a plugged nose, which made him a very unhappy camper during the nights, poor baby....camping can only get better for him.  

Winston would drag his bed out of the camper during the day and place it just right outside so he could watch the festivities in comfort.  He also figured out right quick how to snatch the scraps that were given to Liz and take them just out of the reach of her leash...that made for a very unpleasant ride home, anyone who knows Winston knows exactly what I'm talking about....

Camping just proves my mom can put out a spread where ever she is, that woman can cook.  Even if it was on the tiny stove of their popup camper!  We had nachos the first night we got there (late) and she even surprised me with my favorite, a cherry rhubarb pie to celebrate my birthday!!!  Mom made pancakes and Joey made bacon and eggs the next morning (from my sister Andrea's chickens!), we had steak for dinner that night!  We snacked on roasted marshmallows and s'mores cooked on Joey and dad's new s'mores grillers they got for Father's Day, yum!!  Needless to say, we all ate quite well!

All in all it was a great weekend and we look forward to more camping trips in ol' Sunny this summer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment