Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Easy Triple Berry Oatmeal





I think you'll start to notice a trend as you read this blog...the word EASY.  As a momma of an almost 4 year old and an 8 month old, the easier I can make things the better.  Though this recipe is so easy, I doesn't skimp on taste.  It's so delish!
Aren't my little helpers SO cute?! 
What you'll need (this serves one, but just follow the oatmeal directions for the amount of servings you want to make):
  • 1/2 c. oatmeal
  • 1c. water
  • 1 tsp. almond extract (you could use vanilla if you prefer, but I feel almond adds a nice touch)
  •  1 T. or less of cinnamon (if you're not a big spice person, I'd do 1/2 T.)
  • 1 c. triple berries (I use frozen from Costco, but can't wait to use fresh from the Farmer's Market this summer)
  • 1 handful of sliced almonds (optional)
  • Brown sugar to taste
I like to add the oats and water at the same time, I like a creamier texture.  Once the oats start boiling, add your almond extract, cinnamon, and berries.  Cook until everything is heated through.  Pour into a bowl and top with some almonds and brown sugar and you're set!  I think the combination of ingredients almost give this oatmeal the flavor of berry pie!
That little critter to the side?  Oh ya, he's Colter's berry bear.  This is such a fun way to get your little one to eat his breakfast!  He ate two of these!  This one is a cinnamon and sugar bear with raspberry eyes and a blue berry nose, I let Colter pick the berries he wanted.  We've also made it with peanut butter and banana and blueberry eyes and a blueberry nose.  How fun!!
Enjoy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment